This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Redraw Problem on Project and Record Monitor Xubuntu 14.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lenko
Registered Member
Hi,

I have redraw problems on the project and record monitor window. It is possible to "see through" these monitoring areas, so I can see the windows that are behind Kdenlive.

It is still possible to use the software and there seems to be no problem lie a crash or anything evil happening, but, well, still it is quite annoying not to see what is going on in the monitor window.

How can I fix this. How can i gather more information about what might be wrong?

I am using Xubuntu 14.04 on a laptop with a NVIDIA card, no other problems here with any other software, Kdenlive is the only software that has these problems.

Thanks for your attention!
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
You may try to switch the video driver in Kdenlive preferences (SDL or OpenGL or else?).
Hope this helps...
lenko
Registered Member
Which driver should I use?

is there any documentation about the differences of all these drivers?

Thanks!
capslock
Registered Member
OS
@lenko
You will be able to switch the graphic driver back, or at least to remove the kdenlive configuration file when the kdenlive graphics get totally broken. So, first of all you should try all the drivers one after the other until it works. If none of the drivers helps you out switch back to the first one (default). Then you may consider that it might also be a desktop environment related issue with KDE applications running in xfce and check if other KDE applications are working nicely.
lenko
Registered Member
Tried all trhe drivers, problem persists or gets even worse. Very disappointing. Not usable for serious work in this state.