This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Timeline cursor not working...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ddeightonhaywood
Registered Member

Timeline cursor not working...

Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:33 am
Hi there

I've been using kdenlive for ages now and it has been problem free... but my timeline cursor is not working..... The clip monitor is fine, but I can't make any alterations or do anything... Strangely enough, I can sometimes drag the cursor and cut the track... but that's all.

I have tried uninstalling then restarting the reinstalling... all to no avail...

Does anyone out there have any ideas...??

Many THanks

David
Steve Guilford
Registered Member

Re: Timeline cursor not working...

Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:41 pm
You may have a buggered up Kdenlive settings file. Try running Kdenlive as a different (new if necessary) user.
ddeightonhaywood
Registered Member

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:02 am
Thanks for that... it's highly likely...

how do I restart as a new user?

I've actually uninstalled, shut down the system and reinstalled... it still does the same! That's the bit I don't understand. How on earth does a new copy still do the same?

David
thender
Registered Member

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:24 pm
Does it work with a proxy clip?
ttguy
OS

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:10 pm
thender wrote:how do I restart as a new user?

He means create a new user for your system - which you can do from "User Accounts" in ubuntu
suckyou
Registered Member

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:14 am
think i found it. in the view drop down menu have project monitor turned on. that's what made mine starts working. i tested in a guest session where it was working, thanks for that suggestion. i think that's the one that does it. :D
DeMus
Registered Member

Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:41 pm
ddeightonhaywood wrote:Hi there

I've been using kdenlive for ages now and it has been problem free... but my timeline cursor is not working..... The clip monitor is fine, but I can't make any alterations or do anything... Strangely enough, I can sometimes drag the cursor and cut the track... but that's all.

I have tried uninstalling then restarting the reinstalling... all to no avail...

Does anyone out there have any ideas...??

Many THanks

David

What I do is remove the file /home/user/.config/kdenliverc. Then when restarting the program you've got all default settings but for a while the cursor does move as you want it, till it stops again. It's a bug which is present in different versions.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:48 pm
Hello,
I've seen such a situation, just starting to play the clip or project (hit space bar) made the cursor move again.
Then I've been too busy/lazy to investigate further: such problems should be solved by the ongoing huge code rewrite that should come out soon...