This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Assisting the Promo Team

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
harolds
Registered Member

Assisting the Promo Team

Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:33 pm
Hi, everyone! Harold here from the KDE Promo team.

In an effort to make the promo team faster and more efficient with regards to creating video, we are hoping to create some documentation for the production of videos for the project. Very few people in the promo team have experience with this, and so we'd like to ask you guys for help. Any help is appreciated; if you want to help write the actual documentation, fantastic; if you just want to help someone understand well enough to write coherent, useful information, that's also fantastic!

If you're interested, please let me know.
zekthedeadcow
Registered Member

Re: Assisting the Promo Team

Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:59 pm
If I understand what you're looking for, it seems that you need some documentation on the process of film-making , not just the segments kdenlive would be used for. I'm actually slowly working on a website to describe my work-flow; from preproduction to distribution. I need to write the details down anyway because I can't remember it all... my kanban is currently a whiteboard that is 4ft by 12ft with 30 major processes starting with concept and going on to areas like production design, casting, shooting, editing, closed captioning, color grading, etc.

I'll admit to barely understanding most of the steps in my work-flow, and the main reason I started a kanban is because my projects have started to get a bit large and overwhelming and I needed something that I could just take a picture of and post on Facebook to let cast and crew know where each project was in the process otherwise I get 20 emails a day of "Is it done yet!?" :)
harolds
Registered Member

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:08 pm
Well, the main thing I'm looking for here is simply someone who can help us understand how to operate kdenlive. As it stands now, most of the videos the team has done (none of which are official because *nothing* is 'official') have been screengrabs with some editing. Ideally, we'd like to have a way for people to jump into making decent videos for an official KDE video thing.

Right now, the thing we have the biggest issue with is editing, so if you'd be willing to share what you know with us, we'd all appreciate it greatly.
Steve Guilford
Registered Member

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:55 pm
There's some good tutorial videos available online at YouTube.....
harolds
Registered Member

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:59 pm
Any recommendations for good video tutorials, in that case? We're looking for a reasonably complete resource to provide to the team to get started. A guide with links to videos may be a great start for us, so if you're particularly impressed with any certain videos, please share!
:)
asilnevs
Registered Member

Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:38 pm
Spatry's Kdenlive workshop can be a good starting point: viewtopic.php?f=280&t=119810
drnn1076
Registered Member
OS
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:59 pm
If the official quickstart guide is not adequate, why not suggesting improvements?
Then the rest of the manual should be complete and concise; again anyone is welcome to improve this material: this is a community project! (add your video explanations, your special tips etc on this central reference place)