This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive: rendering servers

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vitalyrepin
Registered Member

Kdenlive: rendering servers

Fri May 01, 2015 9:10 pm
Hello,

I just started to use kdenlive in a not-so-powerful computer. And rendering is very time-consuming process there. Hours and hours. It looks like there is way to generate render scripts and render the stuff on a server.

Is anybody aware of any commercial servers available for these tasks? Obviously I can setup VPS and install the needed software there. But I would be happier to use the service if it is available somewhere.

Thanks!
dodinj
Registered Member
OS

Re: Kdenlive: rendering servers

Thu May 14, 2015 11:52 am
Hello :-)

What do you mean by "servers"? it's very difficult to copy source files to anywhere in the net (much too big).

The only use of the script is that you can run it at any moment, with very low crash risk, unattended.

but the source files have to be in the right place...

jdd
torstenknodt
Registered Member

Re: Kdenlive: rendering servers

Tue May 26, 2015 3:12 pm
If you consider to have a rendering server, I guess its a bigger project. But as you know what a VPS is, I assume you have considered the part to get the data to such a service.

With a physical simulation (number crunching) project I had a similar problem once and used the Amazon EC2 cloud with a multi socket, multi core server for this. You can install an image with the same distribution you use on your PC and afterwards install kdenlive. I had a local script to start the VM, scp+rsync the program and data, execute my computation, copy the data back and stop the VM. Setup time was less than an hour. Transferring the results back took the most time.