This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

PLS Help joining files...

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jvesely
Registered Member

PLS Help joining files...

Sun May 10, 2015 10:37 am
Hi there,
I've got some gopro footage that I shot and because it's so long my gopro has split it into 3 files, what I'm just trying to do is join them back together to get one video file.
My problem is that where the files join I get a little skip in the video. :'(
I put the clips on the timeline and put them up against each other, that's it.....

Could someone pls help me out on what I'm missing here.....

Thanx in advance
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: PLS Help joining files...

Sun May 10, 2015 1:25 pm
If you only want to join the files from the same source you may want to use the concatenate function of ffmpeg without re-encoding the footage. See the docs here: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate

kdenlive will encode the files again and that gives a loss in quality.
jvesely
Registered Member

Sun May 10, 2015 2:50 pm
Thanx capslock,
that was a great help....I managed to join them and now I can load them into kdenlive and do some fadein, fadeouts etc.....
It's a shame it doesn't work in kdenlive just by putting the files together on the time line.

Thanx very much again.....
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Sun May 10, 2015 3:52 pm
Pleased to help you out...

I wonder if kdenlive keeps the small stutter at the joins after rendering. It may come to missing frames in the preview because of complex seeking in AVCHD or similar codec files. You can check this if you set an in and out point on the timeline short before and after a clip join and select "Render selection".
jvesely
Registered Member

Sun May 10, 2015 3:56 pm
Yea that was the 1st thing I thought of.....but it didn't help after the render..... :(