This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

trick for zooming?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dodinj
Registered Member
OS

trick for zooming?

Thu May 14, 2015 1:56 pm
Hello,
When I want to use "pan and zoom" to make the image larger, it's pretty difficult, because I should drag the handles out of the monitor :-(.

This option draw a yellow rectangle around the image, with handles in the corners. To make the image smaller, one can drag the handle to the center of the image, but to make the image bigger?

right now I have to drag the yellow rectangle down to show the upper part, drag the handles to make it larger, than center the image (I just want to keep the center of the image, like zooming with the camera). Look at the images:

http://dodin.org/owncloud/index.php/s/ujAGlGJskxGOYH5

there is already a composite to mix two tracks, and I want to make the subject on the two tracks of similar size, to make the lip look like there are twice the people. So I select pan and zoom, add a key frame, and zoom the relevant image. But not very easy.

any better trick?
thanks
jdd
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: trick for zooming?

Thu May 14, 2015 4:34 pm
You could adjust the effect settings (position and zoom) in the "effect stack" window (or something close to that name - I have a German translation). No need to use the yellow bars at all.
dodinj
Registered Member
OS

Re: trick for zooming?  Topic is solved

Thu May 14, 2015 4:42 pm
capslock wrote:You could adjust the effect settings (position and zoom) in the "effect stack" window (or something close to that name - I have a German translation). No need to use the yellow bars at all.

yes, but there are no cursor for this effect, only numbers, really unfriendly :-(

thanks
jdd
dodinj
Registered Member
OS

Re: trick for zooming?

Wed May 20, 2015 1:49 pm
I can get it done. Still unfriendly, but one can rely on the crosses and squares kept on the screen when one begin to use the pan and zoom effect.

So in fact, use tries and guesses for first defining the good zoom value, record the effect as personal one (I used "zoom 150"), then you can recall it at will.