This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

how to get panels transitions

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dodinj
Registered Member
OS

how to get panels transitions

Tue May 19, 2015 1:16 pm
Sorry, I don't know the exact kdenlive wording for this, may be it's the reason I can't make them.

Most cheap linear editor of the other system makes it easy to have cross clips transitions called in french "volets".

these are variations of cross fade - the one made with the small yellow shadow when two clips overlap.

This mean that the image is pivoting, for example, around the left side of the screen, discovering the other clip image. There are hundred of variations, not all really interesting, but once on a while... yes.

By the way, I use the composite transition, but fail to understand the meaning of most of the other ones and do not find anything on the web.

kdenlive 0.9.10 on openSUSE 13.2

thanks
jdd
zekthedeadcow
Registered Member

Re: how to get panels transitions  Topic is solved

Wed May 20, 2015 11:22 am
I believe what you are looking for in English is called a 'Wipe' located in kdenlive at: right click -> add transition -> Wipe

The type of transition is controlled by the 'image file' setting.
dodinj
Registered Member
OS

Re: how to get panels transitions

Wed May 20, 2015 1:44 pm
zekthedeadcow wrote:I believe what you are looking for in English is called a 'Wipe' located in kdenlive at: right click -> add transition -> Wipe

The type of transition is controlled by the 'image file' setting.

oh, yes, thanks, is called "transition par balayage" in the french kdenlive version :)

great
jdd