This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive 0.9.10 in Zorin

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
malulo
Registered Member

Kdenlive 0.9.10 in Zorin

Sun May 24, 2015 1:34 am
Hi,
I created a 2 and a quarter hour movie in Kdenlive 0.9.10 with clips from my video camera and mp3 music but when I try to render to DVD the computer freezes and I have to forcibly turn it off. I update Zorin OS every week. I should mention that when I open Kdenlive the screen does not look right in the sense that the menus are there but some do not have frames or grey areas, but it worked to the extent of being able to produce a movie with music and some effects. When Kdenlive crashes and I choose the option to re-starting from there, then the Kdenlive screen looks nice with all the frames and grey areas. I suspect something wrong with the installation but I do not know what to do. I would appreciate some help mainly with the rendering issue. Thanks in advance.
Malulo
Steve Guilford
Registered Member

Re: Kdenlive 0.9.10 in Zorin

Sun May 24, 2015 3:32 pm
Try running Kdenlive from the command line to see if it spits out anything useful.

You can also try generating a render script and running that from the command line.

I think the visual problems a coincidental to the rendering failure.
malulo
Registered Member

Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:50 am
Thanks Steve for your reply, but starting Kdenlive from the terminal is even worse. What I would really like to fix is the rendering problem though. I don't know how to produce a rendering script from the command line.
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:17 am
Using google for you with "kdenlive render script" led me here (after roughly 2 additional clicks):
https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manual/Rendering