This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Pausing/stuttering

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stevewalker
Registered Member

Pausing/stuttering

Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:04 pm
Kdenlive was working perfectly before I rebuilt my computer (same hardware--had to replace hard drive) but now I have a problem.

When I click to move the cursor to a different spot on the timeline, I immediately see a pinkish marker at the point I clicked, but it can take 8-10 seconds for the cursor to actually relocate. This problem gets worse the closer to the end of the project I go. It is about a two-minute project. If I click at the 01:30 point in the project, it takes the cursor about 30 seconds to get there from somewhere else.

Starting playback is bad as well. Sometimes there is a long delay, similar to the delays mentioned above, but sometimes it starts immediately or after a delay of only a few milliseconds. Stopping, I think, seems to be responding to command ok.

Additionally, if I am playing my video it seems to always stop at the edges of transitions, even basic ones like dissolves, or the edges of overlapping clips.

Have just updated Kdenlive. Have also tried switching from xorg to proprietary drivers. Problem remains the same.

Version is 15.04.0, on Ubuntu 15.04.

{EDIT}

I think the problem is with the base video file. It is an MTS file from a Sony camcorder. I used these often before I had to replace the hard drive and never had to transcode the videos. I suspect I am missing something that would allow me to use these files direct from the camcorder. Something that I had before.
phovell
Registered Member

Re: Pausing/stuttering

Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:14 am
Switch on proxy files.

I had that issue too with MTS. Not anymore !!

http://i.imgur.com/Dq7pLg3.jpg