This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Libsoup and libgtk

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gregramirezgarcia
Registered Member

Libsoup and libgtk

Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:18 pm
Hi to all!

Just a quick question: does anyone know if Kdenlive really uses the libsoup2.4-dev package? Because I have just compiled and installed Kdenlive using the build-script without pre-installing libsoup (libsoup is listed as one of the necessary dependencies for the build script), and there have been no problems whatsoever when running the program. Maybe there is a certain feature I'm not aware of that uses this package, but as I understand it is a HTTP client/server library. Furthermore, I have checked through the build script and there is nothing about libsoup inside.

Also, I wanted to ask about libgtk2.0. I have read that Kdenlive uses it together with Qt to load and render images, but shouldn't it just be using one of the two?

Thank you in advance,

Greg
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS

Re: Libsoup and libgtk

Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:08 am
The openSUSE packages are not built with nor use either of the two.

And I don't see any mention of libsoup or libgtk2 in the build log either, so kdenlive doesn't seem to even look whether they are installed.
ttguy
OS

Re: Libsoup and libgtk

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:38 pm
That list of dependencies is a manually maintained list. Perhaps these are historical dependencies.