This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Title clips don't always show in rendered video

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
etiennesnyman
Registered Member
Hi there

I am trying to create a few simple videos. Each one has a background video, a backing soundtrack, and then I need to add words in the form of title clips.

However, although the title clips I use to add the words show in the project monitor / preview window, when I render (to Mp4, for what it's worth) the project, the clips only sometimes show. I have about 10 title clips per video, but only some show in the rendered project, while others simply don't appear - you only see the background video.

Some title clips are repeated (sometimes I need to show the same words 2x per video) and if the title clip doesn't the first time it never shows. If it shows the first time, it shows each time it is repeated. It appears that this issue is related to the title clip itself, not its position on the timeline.

Even if I re-make the project from scratch, the same type of issues seem to occur.

I am using Kdenlive 0.9.10 on Ubuntu 15.04.

This is a rather mission-critical project, so I would really appreciate any help that I could get! (However, help such as "Use Inkscape and export to PNG" unfortunately doesn’t solve my problem...)

Thanks in advance.
ttguy
OS
Make sure the titles are on video track 1 and the footage on video track 2. And make sure there is an affine transition between the tracks.
etiennesnyman
Registered Member
That is exactly how it is. Which is why I'm so confused as to why some title clips don't appear in the rendered video, while others do...