This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

A windows version?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mperryman
Registered Member
OS

A windows version?

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:13 am
I've been using kdenlive for a while and find that I really like it. I was just wondering if a windows version has been considered?
On another matter, ever since I've been using it downloading more effects and titles doesn't work for me. Am I doing something wrong or is the process broken?
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Re: A windows version?

Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:31 pm
Porting to Windows was a topic for GSoC, but we hadn't enough manpower to mentor the interested student.
Moreover as we are relying on KDE Frameworks we are dependent on this environment port, which still doesn't seem so obvious in some cases.
Maybe the idea will mature and help might come from KDE on Windows project, but for the moment nobody in our team is very interested...

Regarding effects, be sure you installed frei0r plugins for video, apart from them I don't know of other open source video plugins (MLT doesn't handle other interfaces yet).
For audio you can pick in the huge LADSPA collection : on debian/ubuntu swh-plugins gathers already a good selection of what one can need, "apt search LADSPA" to find more.

Cheers,

Vincent
mperryman
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:13 am
vpinon wrote:Porting to Windows was a topic for GSoC, but we hadn't enough manpower to mentor the interested student.
Moreover as we are relying on KDE Frameworks we are dependent on this environment port, which still doesn't seem so obvious in some cases.
Maybe the idea will mature and help might come from KDE on Windows project, but for the moment nobody in our team is very interested...

Regarding effects, be sure you installed frei0r plugins for video, apart from them I don't know of other open source video plugins (MLT doesn't handle other interfaces yet).
For audio you can pick in the huge LADSPA collection : on debian/ubuntu swh-plugins gathers already a good selection of what one can need, "apt search LADSPA" to find more.

Cheers,

Vincent

Maybe plugins isn't the right term. I', not using my linux laptop so I don't have the term right in front of me. There are several options, under the help tab maybe, where you can download transitions etc. For me, transitions are the only thing that work. Sorry if I didn't explain that well.
ttguy
OS

Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:26 pm
Re
mperryman wrote:where you can download transitions etc

If you are talking about the items in the Settings menu https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manual/Settings_Menu

Download New Wipes
Download New Render Profiles
Download New Project Profiles
Download New Title Templates

These have not worked since around August, 2013 when the kdenlive.org web site was refurbished.

The need to download new render profiles is now reduced since you can use the melt property presets as needed
see https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... r_Profiles

Vincent - I reckon these options should be removed from the settings menu if we are not going to restore the kdenlive.org web site functionality
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:35 pm
JB has restored the function (except maybe title templates) for few month, as we now are on KDE servers (he deactivated this due to server issues on his previous host service).
This worked for me, so we could keep it, allowing users to share again some useful settings...
ttguy
OS

Get Hot new stuff?

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:28 pm
vpinon wrote:JB has restored the function (except maybe title templates) for few month, as we now are on KDE servers (he deactivated this due to server issues on his previous host service).
This worked for me, so we could keep it, allowing users to share again some useful settings...

Certainly keep it if the functionality works. Have the URLs changed ? IE should I expect a 0.9.10 version still not to work because it is contacting the old servers on old URLs ?
Because for me on 0.9.10 the "Get Hot new stuff" dialog just spins its heels forever. Which is what it was doing in the recent past too.

Could we set up a redirect from the old urls to the new ones to make older versions still work?