This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Replace Original video to *Stabilized* video

Tags: replace, stabilize, timeline replace, stabilize, timeline replace, stabilize, timeline
(comma "," separated)
makesomepeace
Registered Member
OS
Hello!
I've got some difficulty with replace original video in timeline on same stabilized video.
I replace all this videos manually
How can i replace this video in automatic mode? Is it possible in Kdenlive generally?

And other question:
How can i make stabilize clip on proxy-file (for speed up workflow). In early versions of Kdenlive it was set in default.

P.S. Sorry for my English =)
ttguy
OS
I think the feature you want is on the to-do list somewhere. I seem to recall it. You want every instance of your edited clips on the time line that have the unstablized source to now use the stablized source. So you don't have to redo all the cuts and effects. Right ?

You could try this trick - that worked for me just now. Stabliize the clips. Note the file names of the stabized versions . Eg mine was captureA041.dv.mlt
Save your project
Open the .kdelive file in a text editor. It is xml format. Do a search for captureA041.dv and replace with captureA041.dv.mlt and save under a new file name.
I replaced every instance of captureA041.dv in my file - which actually caused the captureA041.dv.mlt to change to captureA041.dv.mlt.mlt
And when I opened the edited .kdenlive file kdenlive complained it could not find captureA041.dv.mlt.mlt - so I asked it to be removed from the project.

But when I did I got the result I wanted. My clips on the time line were now using the stablized version.

I think the change so that that stabilize does not work on the proxies is actually result of a bug fix. I think you are right that the stabilize worked on the proxies. But this was bad because it meant you had the proxy clips in the final edit.

I guess what you are asking for is to be able to run the stabilize on the proxies so you can preview what the stabilize might look like. And you hope that that runs faster on the proxies. I guess it would run faster. And you would want it to switch to the stablized version of the non-proxy clip when you render. Might be hard to code this. But this could be a feature request.
makesomepeace
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for the detailed answer! Yes, you read that right. I thought there was the possibility of replacing original clip on stabilized is exactly the same as the selection of proxy/original clip in the project tree. But, in fact, the substitution of original on the proxy can be supplemented by substitution on the stabilization clip.
Is it possible to implement as an feature?

And about proxy-stabilize.
What if you take that part of the code, which was identified as a bug (stabilization of proxy) and make it an optional select intentionally?
hftom
Registered Member
ttguy wrote:I guess what you are asking for is to be able to run the stabilize on the proxies so you can preview what the stabilize might look like. And you hope that that runs faster on the proxies. I guess it would run faster. And you would want it to switch to the stablized version of the non-proxy clip when you render. Might be hard to code this. But this could be a feature request.

It should not be necessary to rerun vidstab motion detection on proxies since this is the same video, just smaller.
Rotation is in radians so it's the same whatever the image size.
Zoom is in percentage so no problem.
Horizontal and vertical translations are in pixels, so it has to be multiplied by clip.width(height) / proxy.width(height).

My 2 cents.
attilio
Registered Member
OS
ttguy wrote:You could try this trick - that worked for me just now. Stabliize the clips. Note the file names of the stabized versions . Eg mine was captureA041.dv.mlt
Save your project
Open the .kdelive file in a text editor. It is xml format. Do a search for captureA041.dv and replace with captureA041.dv.mlt and save under a new file name.
I replaced every instance of captureA041.dv in my file - which actually caused the captureA041.dv.mlt to change to captureA041.dv.mlt.mlt
And when I opened the edited .kdenlive file kdenlive complained it could not find captureA041.dv.mlt.mlt - so I asked it to be removed from the project.

But when I did I got the result I wanted. My clips on the time line were now using the stablized version.

this didn't work for me: apparently each entry in xml file contains specifications of the original .mp4 file. Replacing it with a .mp4.mlt causes it to be not recognized.