This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Slide show frame duration stuck at 1:01

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dlacivita
Registered Member
Forgive me, I'm new to this. I'm trying to make a slide show/time lapse of 26 pictures I took. When I set the frame duration to 00:00:00:10 I found the resulting video too fast. I remove the clip from the project and try again, this time at 00:00:00:25, but the resulting project is 27 seconds long. If I try to change the frame duration under properties it changes nothing. I restart the program and every time I try to add a Slide Show no matter what I set the frame duration to it always stays at 00:00:01:01.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'm just an amateur photographer trying to make a time lapse...

UPDATE: I've reboot twice and moved the folder containing the 26 pictures and the frame duration remains at 1:01. Perhaps I need to uninstall?
ttguy
OS
Which version of kdenlive and mlt do you have?
ttguy
OS
I just tested this on 0.9.10 of kdenlive. And there is a defect with the way the slideshow clips play back in the project tree. But they appear to behave properly when you play them back on the timeline - after you put them in the project.
dlacivita
Registered Member
ttguy wrote:I just tested this on 0.9.10 of kdenlive. And there is a defect with the way the slideshow clips play back in the project tree. But they appear to behave properly when you play them back on the timeline - after you put them in the project.

I'm on 0.9.10 and no matter what I do, no matter what I change the duration to, no matter where I play it back from, it plays back with a duration of 00:00:01:01 and a total of 27 seconds. I've tried changing the frame duration 100 different ways but the change always reverts back to 1:01. I'm running Ubuntu Studio built on 15.04 and has a special low-latency kernel but I have no idea if that has an effect?
ttguy
OS
Do you have this issue with the clips in the project tree or in the timeline or both.?
dlacivita
Registered Member
ttguy wrote:Do you have this issue with the clips in the project tree or in the timeline or both.?

Both.
ttguy
OS
dlacivita wrote:
ttguy wrote:Do you have this issue with the clips in the project tree or in the timeline or both.?

Both.

Bummer.
My 0.9.10 is running on ubuntu 14.04. So that might be the difference. Kdenlive relies on lots of related packages that are probably all different on 15.04.

I would try upgrading to version 15.04 via Sunabs ppa - see https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... erivatives for details.
This ppa is put together to get kdenlive working smoothly. Assuming your ver 0.9.10 is based on the standard Ubuntu repositories you should be able to back out to your current version (if you need to) by purging sunabs ppa and re-installing.
dlacivita
Registered Member
ttguy wrote:
dlacivita wrote:

Both.

Bummer.
My 0.9.10 is running on ubuntu 14.04. So that might be the difference. Kdenlive relies on lots of related packages that are probably all different on 15.04.

I would try upgrading to version 15.04 via Sunabs ppa - see https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... erivatives for details.
This ppa is put together to get kdenlive working smoothly. Assuming your ver 0.9.10 is based on the standard Ubuntu repositories you should be able to back out to your current version (if you need to) by purging sunabs ppa and re-installing.

I added the ppa and updated my existing install. I started it from terminal and ran through the set up process again. Going through the output in terminal I found:

Couldn't start kded5 from org.kde.kded5.service: QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name org.kde.kded5 was not provided by any .service files") , falling back to running kbuildsycoca5

I don't understand any of it but maybe part of my problem?
ttguy
OS
I just ran my 15.04 version in my virtual box and I did not generate that error.
This what my terminal displayed.
Code: Select all
ttguy@ttguy-VirtualBox:/usr/bin$ ./kdenlive
kf5.kiconthemes: "Theme tree: (Breeze)"
pci id for fd 19: 80ee:beef, driver (null)
libGL error: core dri or dri2 extension not found
libGL error: failed to load driver: vboxvideo
kf5.kxmlgui: Registering action  "edit_select_all"  under new name  "select_all_tracks"
Removing cache at "/home/ttguy/.cache/kdenlive-thumbs.kcache"
QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 11001, resource id: 144703817, major code: 130 (Unknown), minor code: 3

I can also successfully generate and add a slide show clip.

You did not say whether the new version is still broken with respect to this issue. I guess it is - just by the fact you were not jumping up and down with joy :(

So I dunno what to say. What does google say about those errors ?
ttguy
OS
Your error on your upgraded version looks like it might be due to a problem with the underlying KDE frameworks that Kdenlive relies on. It needs KDE Frameworks ver 5 (KF5). This is supposed to come in Kubuntu ver 15.04. But maybe it is not installed properly on your specially setup machine. Is your machine up to date with updates?
I have libkf5* pacakages at ver 5.9.0-ubuntu1 ubuntu universe
dlacivita
Registered Member
If it is something with Ubuntu Studio's kernel then I'll post in their forums and see if there are other people having problems.
Thanks for the help.