This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Not sure if bugs - sound when moving head and play stops

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
CorrosiveTruths
Registered Member
OS
Not sure if these behaviours are bugs. And if they are bugs, then I'm of course, happy to file bug reports.

So I'm testing kdenlive-15.08 to see if it works for me yet, or if I need to stick to uber-stable 0.9.10 for a tad longer.

Here are some things which happen in 15 that don't in 0.9.10.

In 0.9.10 when I playback at increased speed, play backwards, skip by moving the playhead, or track forward and backward using the mouse-wheel or the relevant buttons that do the same stuff I get majestic silence, but in 15, I get audio from the video, but it doesn't sound great as it's not very smooth due to the way I'm playing it. Is this a bug?

In 0.9.10 when I play a video and then click somewhere else on the track, the playback continues from that new spot. When I try the same in 15, when I move the playhead the playback stops at the selected position. Is this a bug?
ttguy
OS
The first behavior you mention is called "audio scrubbing" - see https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... e#Playback
In 0.9.10 you had to turn on "use Open GL for video playback" checkbox on the kdenlive settings to get this. But in >=15.04 this setting is on by default and it looks like you get audio scrubbing on by default too. This is not a bug. It is a useful feature if you are trying to scout around for the beginning or end of some audio cue.

Second behavior change - I dunno about. If you think it is a useful feature that has gone missing you could bug report it.
CorrosiveTruths
Registered Member
OS
ttguy wrote:The first behavior you mention is called "audio scrubbing" - see https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... e#Playback
In 0.9.10 you had to turn on "use Open GL for video playback" checkbox on the kdenlive settings to get this. But in >=15.04 this setting is on by default and it looks like you get audio scrubbing on by default too. This is not a bug. It is a useful feature if you are trying to scout around for the beginning or end of some audio cue.

Second behavior change - I dunno about. If you think it is a useful feature that has gone missing you could bug report it.

Thank you, that's very useful.