This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive not responding when trying to play video!!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TheGlamourGroup
Registered Member
OS
When I press the play button, it freezes, then always greys out and stops responding! Someone please help! :'(
capslock
Registered Member
OS
Well that's rather little information for us to help you.

Which kind of clip do you want to play? (run ffprobe <clip> and post the output here.)
Do other clips play?
Which version of kdenlive?
What is the output if you run kdenlive from command line and play the clip that stalls kdenlive?
TheGlamourGroup
Registered Member
OS
Well, it happens even when there are no clips.
Version 0.9.6
It still doesn't work when I run it from terminal. It does say
Code: Select all
ERROR: Could not load classifier cascade /usr/share/opencv/haarcascades/haarcascade_frontalface_alt2.xml
QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action
QWidget::insertAction: Attempt to insert null action

I dont know if that has anything to do with this though.
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
Version 0.9.6 is probably too old to get effective support. Try to upgrade.
capslock
Registered Member
OS
kdenlive 0.9.6. is rather old, the current version is 15.08 (since 0.9.6. there were 0.9.8, 0.9.10 and 15.04).

In your profile you say, ubuntu is your distro. You may want to check the sunab ppa version (mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=126292#p337882) Using kdenlive from other ubuntu repos it seems to be tricky to get melt and kdenlive to the correct versions.
TheGlamourGroup
Registered Member
OS
Ok, ill try that.
TheGlamourGroup
Registered Member
OS
I uninstalled 0.9.6 and downloaded 0.9.10, but it still happens. This happened ever since my computer's battery ran out while I was editing a video yesterday.
capslock
Registered Member
OS
Maybe your setup file is corrupt. It might help if you rerun the configuration of kdenlive.

Either run the configuration assistant (settings menu) or delete the kdenlive configuration file which is stored at
~/.kde4/share/config/kdenliverc (until 0.9.10)
or
~/.config/kdenliverc (since 15.04)
markoc
Registered Member
Hmmm, the error messages about not finding some openCV Haar cascade stuff are strange, if you just want to play a video?

That kind of stuff is used only (AFAIK) in the face detection (face blurring?) effect.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
Since you mentioned running on a depleted battery ... did you check the filesystem? Afterwards, make sure that there isn't some lost+found stuff that turned up during the file system check and that might indicate some broken system stuff...