This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No longer useable on Linux Mint Cinnamon

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
craig100
Registered Member
OS
Linux MInt 17.2 with Cinnamon desktop. Kdenlive installed both from the Mint repo and from Kdenlive web site.

I've used Kdenlive for a couple of years now but not for the last 6 months.

Opening the application, 1st, 2nd & 8th top level menu items read "No Text", no items on the bottom panel that I recall being there for editing assistance. Not at all confident it's useable. It's the same whether I use the version in the repo or the version from the website. There is not indication on the application of which version is being used.

Is anyone else seeing these things? If so, when will they be fixed. At the moment I have no confidence whatever that I should spend time fighting through this stuff to try to create a video. I feel it will be a massive waste of time. It seems a great step backwards from how Kdenlive was about a year ago when it was a great tool.

Please advise.

Craig
capslock
Registered Member
OS
Do you have KDE Framework 5 installed? About half a year ago kdenlive was running on KDE 4.
craig100
Registered Member
OS
Not sure how I check that. I'm trying to ensure the whole installation is removed from my machine and then trying to download from the Mint repo again. However, after a "sudo apt-get --purge remove kdenlive" the package manager says it will download 0MB. Wouldn't it download any dependencies such as the KDE5 framework if necessary? If it doesn't how to I do that? I'm guessing I'd need to do that first?

Thanks.
craig100
Registered Member
OS
Sorted it. It's already been covered here: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=124095

Just needed the kde runtime installing. You'd think it would be a dependency on the repo :)

Thanks