This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can you run kdenlive commands from a linux terminal window?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ninaw
Registered Member
Is there any way that kdenlive commands can be run from a Linux terminal window rather than from the GUI? Obviously some commands would not be possible but if it was just a case of uploading one format and rendering it as another, I thought it may be.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
My understanding is that for this purpose you would need to deal with MLT directly. When rendering a project, Kdenlive creates a MLT script that then gets processed by MLT. Kdenlive is basically the GUI to make creating MLT scripts easy. But for scripting, MLT has to be accessed directly and thus there is no scripting support in Kdenlive.
ninaw
Registered Member
TheDiveO wrote:My understanding is that for this purpose you would need to deal with MLT directly. When rendering a project, Kdenlive creates a MLT script that then gets processed by MLT. Kdenlive is basically the GUI to make creating MLT scripts easy. But for scripting, MLT has to be accessed directly and thus there is no scripting support in Kdenlive.

Many thanks for that.