This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

workflow question for big project - scenes, import as clip..

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kalimerox
Registered Member
Hi there,

I have a workflow question and I m curious how you guys would do it:

I have a longer film project, it will be like 90 minutes of very different scenes, documentary, fiction , etc . style, all recorded with a sony a7s. ...

Because resources are limited on my computer I was wondering if there s an option for "Scenes" in kdenlive, means: can I use an entire project as a clip in another project? This would safe me a lot of ressources like i dont want to throw in all the clips into one project and work with everything at the same time, i guess this will slow down the whole project (or am I wrong and i just should do it?? )

I could also create for every scene different audio and video tracks but this will also get quite bulky at the end.. so I m waiting for suggestions :)

drnn1076
Registered Member
OS
Hi, check out this previous discussion on the same topic.

Short answer: yes, kdenlive projects are nestable.

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=127228&p=337880&hilit=workflow#p337880

kalimerox
Registered Member
Thank you drnn1076,

this was a good read! I ll give it a try tomorrow on the project, thanks again!
CorrosiveTruths
Registered Member
OS
I've used this for a zoomable video wall effect. You can't actually render out such a massive video to then zoom in to a section, but if you import the project (or the .mlt file from generate script) you can zoom into that for production of a much smaller video.
kalimerox
Registered Member
Thanks corrosive Truths for the info!
now I m in the middle of a video project and i have to say it already became quite messy the editing.. i havent done any nesting yet but will give it a try: i ll cut the whole project into three parts and then will have a kdenlive file for each part, and add them together at the end again.. something like that. wish me luck :)