This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Lumas

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ttguy
OS

Re: Lumas

Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:55 am
svante,

You are so close with your copy command. You just need a space between the source file path and the destination file path.
So try:

sudo cp file:///home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm /usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL

Because you were missing the space your command did not have destination file path - hence the error "destinationfilsoperand missing"
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:20 am
I'm growing old ... the cp command does accept URLs? That file:/// prefix doesn't look right on the command shell level.
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:03 am
Hallo again Ok I have updated to 15.08 in Ubuntu 15.10 and spend some time with that. But anyway I tried the line.
sudo cp file:///home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm /usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL and get the answer
The file or katalog does not excist.
I guess I will be happy with the lumas and other effects/transitions and try to learn more and more so maybe I find out some day howe I can import/export new Lumas.
Anyway thanks for help and I will look in here from time to time to read and learn (for me) new things.
Svante.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:55 am
Again, try this without file:// in the source file name! Your home directory is /home/svante, not file:///home/swante. The core unix commands such as cp don't deal with URLs to the best of my knowledge.
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:39 pm
$ sudo cp home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm /usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL
Answer:The file does not excist
Svante
ttguy
OS

Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:23 pm
command lines are an unforgiving thing. I think you are missing a slash at the start of your path.

sudo cp /home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm /usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:05 pm
Hallo again Yes ok but I have tried that to. But know to the HAPPY News. In latest Kdenlive the "download new wipes" is there with many new wipes including what I looked for. The Kdenlive version before, that funktion did not work. So I am happy now and looked forward to test the new wipes :) :) :) :)
Thanks for all support here.
Svante.
CorrosiveTruths
Registered Member
OS

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:58 pm
svantejacobson wrote:svante@svante-Aspire-5715Z:~$ sudo cp file:///home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm/usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL
[sudo] password for svante:
cp: destinationfilsoperand missing after ”file:///home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm/usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL”
Try with ”cp --help” för mer information.
svante@svante-Aspire-5715Z:~$
This is a translated version
Svante

You're specifying urls and not using spacing between source and destination.

Maybe:
sudo cp /home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm /usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL

Did you know that you can drag and drop files onto the terminal emulator, and then it will pop up a menu to ask if you want to paste the name, try that.

Or you could see if there's a 'open file manager as root'-style option if you have trouble with the command line.
qubodup
Registered Member

Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:31 pm
Note to all: for command line commands, I recommend the
Code: Select all
[code][/code]
tags.

You should not use file://. This is usually only used by web browsers, when they access files on your computer instead of the internet. Just start with one "/" (also known as "root" of a filesystem).

Code: Select all
sudo cp /home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm /usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL/

This command has 4 components:
sudo means "the command that follows should be executed as an administrator"
cp stands for "copy" and it usually takes two parameters:
first parameter is which file should be copied
second parameter is where the file should be copied to

Generally, these commands need to be separated by spaces.

You should be able to copy the command by double- or triple-clicking the code block I wrote above and then pressing the middle mouse button in your terminal.
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:49 pm
Answer: File or catalog does not exist. But as I try to tell you before in the latest Kdenlive in "download new wipes" it exist. So it is not a problem any more. I will thank you for all try to help me.
Svante