This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Lumas

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Lumas

Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:52 pm
Hallo I am new to this and my english is not so good. But I will try. I tried to install a new Luma wich I download from here. Download no problem. But I can not get it to install in MLT lumas, I use Ubuntu 15.04 and Kdenlive 15.04.3 I have tried via terminal and also drag and drop, but no luck >:(
Svante
ttguy
OS

Re: Lumas

Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:41 am
https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... ideo_Masks might help

files go to
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/lumas
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:09 pm
Ok thanks. Think I looked att that line but couldnt find Lumas att the end, but find it in MLT. I will look again when I come home tonight.
Thanks again.
Svante.
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:31 pm
No it didn´t work I can only go : usr/share/mlt/lumas/NTSC or PAL
I have no kdenlive under kde4/apps and no Lumas
Lumas is under mlt I have tried $sudo cp flip2_wipe.pgm/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/lumas Not working
and also tried $ sudo cp flip2_wipe.pgm/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/lumas Not working
It says destination file operator behind missing in both cases.
Svante
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:52 pm
We're on KF5 now, so the lumas should be in /usr/share/kdenlive/lumas (at least for Kubuntu 15.04, hopefully Ubuntu does nothing different here). That is, without the "kde4/apps" part, as he uses the KF5-based Kdenlive 15.xx. Copying as he did does not work, as the destination directory does not yet exist.
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:13 pm
Hi yes exactly usr/share /kdenlive/Lumas that exist Also mlt/lumas/NTSC and PAL but not kde4/apps//kdenlive/lumas
I hope this help but I admit that I have difficult to understand why it is different in my software,
Thanks for input.
Svante
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:30 pm
ttguy cited the Kdenlive wiki documentation that was written for the older Kdenlive releases up to 0.9.10. Those were based on KDE 4. Then, Kdenlive was ported to the now current KDE version 5, in particular the underlying KDE Frameworks 5 KF5. This is also reflected in Kdenlive branch version idents that are now along the form Year.Month.Update, such as 15.08.2.

Changing to the KF5 infrastructure has also resulted in some cleanup in the directory structure. While I personally like the new simplified structure, it causes sometimes confusion with users not well versed with these changes and finding the old path structure in existing documentation. Finally, distribution builders may decide to deviate even from the stock KF5 directory structure if they feel so. It's the usual diversity. Not that Microsoft ever kept its directory structure stable...
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:40 pm
Ok thanks for quick answer. So if I have get it right It is not possible yet to copy wipe files to the kdenlive 15.04.3 and later?
Svante
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:06 pm
It should be possible, you just need to copy these files into the new directories as mentioned above.
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:42 pm
/usr/share/kdenlive/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm”: Åtkomst nekas
Last 2 words means denied copy the file :-(
Ok thanks for all help had to sleep now it is nearly 24.00 at night.
Svante
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:01 am
Did you became root/superuser to copy the files? Also, after copying make sure to set the access rights and user/group correctly.
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:36 pm
Hallo again. I login with sudo and my password. Do I have to go deeper? How do I do that? I have copy the lines I have found here and on other sites but still no luck. Can you lead me the right way. I do not normally work with the terminal so maybe that is my problem. But anyway the wipes is in mlt/lumas
and there are 22 of them It seems impossible to copy anything to mlt/lumas. Am I on the wrong way? do I think wrong. when I click wipes in transitions
I can chose from luma01 to luma22 and those 22 luma effects is in mlt/lumas/PAL and NTSC I have other Luma effects under kdenlive/ lumas but how can I acces to them in Kdenlive program? I have never seen them inte program.
Svante
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:17 pm
Without a copy&paste of the terminal input/output of what you did and what shell responses you got, it is difficult to say what went wrong.
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:35 pm
svante@svante-Aspire-5715Z:~$ sudo cp file:///home/svante/hämtningar/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm/usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL
[sudo] password for svante:
cp: destinationfilsoperand saknas efter ”file:///home/svante/hämtningar/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm/usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL”
Försök med ”cp --help” för mer information.
svante@svante-Aspire-5715Z:~$
Ok here it is.
Svante
svantejacobson
Registered Member

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:47 pm
svante@svante-Aspire-5715Z:~$ sudo cp file:///home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm/usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL
[sudo] password for svante:
cp: destinationfilsoperand missing after ”file:///home/svante/downloads/kdenlive-15.04.3/data/lumas/112326-cache_flip2_wipe.pgm/usr/share/mlt/lumas/PAL”
Try with ”cp --help” för mer information.
svante@svante-Aspire-5715Z:~$
This is a translated version
Svante