This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

new update cant save to partition

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jprim
Registered Member

new update cant save to partition

Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:16 pm
ok so i have been saving to a free space partition since i started using Kdenlive and now i cant!! or at least it wont let me get to my free space partition when I go to save a video or a render! any one know a work around? this is definitely NOT a plus for this update >:( any help would be greatly appreciated
capslock
Registered Member
OS
???
What do you mean by: kdenlive does not let you get to the xy partition?

On render kdenlive 15.8 opens a dialog that allows you to enter the destination path directly and holds a button that opens a file dialog that shows up all partitions availabe.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
In case you may have been bitten by the "save dialog does not appear": this is not a partition issue, but instead a bug in the underlying KDE Framework 5. At this time, there is no real fix for this bug, yet you can work around it: press ESC, so you regain control. Then try again. Sometimes it takes a few fruitless attempts before the save dialog properly comes up. Annoying, but there is no real fix yet.
jprim
Registered Member
capslock wrote:???
What do you mean by: kdenlive does not let you get to the xy partition?

On render kdenlive 15.8 opens a dialog that allows you to enter the destination path directly and holds a button that opens a file dialog that shows up all partitions availabe.

your right however i am talking about the save option wont let me during the prosess of working on a video
jprim
Registered Member
TheDiveO wrote:In case you may have been bitten by the "save dialog does not appear": this is not a partition issue, but instead a bug in the underlying KDE Framework 5. At this time, there is no real fix for this bug, yet you can work around it: press ESC, so you regain control. Then try again. Sometimes it takes a few fruitless attempts before the save dialog properly comes up. Annoying, but there is no real fix yet.

ok thanks I will try that, wonder if it will auto save to the right location once i tell it where to save to
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
There is no auto save, but there is Ctrl-S always at your fingertips.
jprim
Registered Member
TheDiveO wrote:There is no auto save, but there is Ctrl-S always at your fingertips.

yup but unfortunately it wont save to a Partition like it used to give the option to this new update so far has had nothing good about it that i could find
jprim
Registered Member
jprim wrote:
TheDiveO wrote:In case you may have been bitten by the "save dialog does not appear": this is not a partition issue, but instead a bug in the underlying KDE Framework 5. At this time, there is no real fix for this bug, yet you can work around it: press ESC, so you regain control. Then try again. Sometimes it takes a few fruitless attempts before the save dialog properly comes up. Annoying, but there is no real fix yet.

ok thanks I will try that, wonder if it will auto save to the right location once i tell it where to save to

tried it and no matter how many times i brought it up it would never show a partition for me to save to
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
I still don't understand what you mean by partition, you are speaking in tongues. In unix, there is a single file name space. Did you make sure that all filesystems you need are properly mounted? Or do you try to access a remote smb share without mounting?