This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDENLIVE FREEZES WHEN "SAVING AS" AND IMPORTING FILES /15.04

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mar y puerto
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I am using kubuntu 15.04 and kdenlive 15.04.1
My problem is that it freezes importing videos and saving (sometimes i get away with it...)
Any ideas??

here's the output :

mar-y-puerto@mar-y-puerto:~$ kdenlive
    kf5.kiconthemes: "Theme tree: (Brisa)"
    kf5.kxmlgui: Registering action "edit_select_all" under new name "select_all_tracks"
    Removing cache at "/home/mar-y-puerto/.cache/kdenlive-thumbs.kcache"
    kf5.kservice.sycoca: Trying to open ksycoca from "/home/mar-y-puerto/.cache/ksycoca5"
    KSambaShare: Could not find smb.conf!
    QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 17525, resource id: 100664204, major code: 130 (Unknown), minor code: 3
    QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 17550, resource id: 100664204, major code: 130 (Unknown), minor code: 3
    QXcbConnection: XCB error: 8 (BadMatch), sequence: 17566, resource id: 100664204, major code: 130 (Unknown), minor code: 3

TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
This is most probably the file dialog not shown bug. You can work around it, as there is no fix yet (the problem actually is in KDE Framework 5, not Kdenlive). When no file dialog comes up, simply press the ESC key. This cancels the invisible dialog. Now, simply repeat your task, such as trying to import files. Sometimes you will need to try five or six times in a row, sometimes the bug doesn't appear. This should get you going. Just remember to press ESC when no file dialog appears.

The render dialog is especially prone to this bug: when trying so select an output file using the file dialog button often you won't succeed even after many attempts. Here, simply clear the render output file name input field, then press the dialog button. Most of the time, the file dialog then immediately will appear.

On a sidenote, no need to SHOUT, erm, shout. :-\
mar y puerto
Registered Member
OS
Sorry about that, not my intention at all. "esc" key works very well actually, thanks a lot !
Hopefully frameworks will fix this in the future... but it works ok, i tried previously upgrading to version 15.08 and it was terrible... very unstable.
Think ill stay in 15.04 until december at least, depending on the release...

Thanks again!
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
I found Kdenlive 15.08.2 to be quite stable, but then I compile directly from the source fresh from the git repository. In my case, this is the version with fixes for my ShuttlePro jog/dial device that helps so much in editing.
vikrantsingh
Registered Member
i found a very simple solution to this problem, the "save as" window doesn't appear when kdenlive is maximized. so just reduce the window size and then click on "save as" again, the window will appear.
mikhailno
Registered Member
Code: Select all
env XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=rtpkgl kdenlive

https://nixtux.ru/654
[img width=1920 height=1080]https://nixtux.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DeepinScreenshot_Desktop_20180822070820.png[/img]