This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Some suggestions for Kdenlive dev team

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cagancelik
Registered Member
Hi guys,

I'm a freelancer video editor and been using Adobe Premiere Pro for more than 3 years. Recently I had the chance to try out the Kdenlive. I quite like it and I have some suggestions to make it better.

For my projects I often need to include transparent PNG images or alpha channel enabled videos. But the process to make them ready is very confusing and time consuming in Kdenlive. Because I have to select the images and specify some properties in the effects panel for transparency. (Sometimes it doesn't work at all and I need to restart Kdenlive).

I think it would be great if you guys red rid of this all together and make transparency automatically enabled when such items are imported. And moving a clip or image up and down in the timeline should mean which surface the transparecy should be applied on. There's no need to extra options for this.

Other stuff I'd love to see on Kdenlive are:
- Images and videos should be resizeable and draggable on video preview.
- Simplification of keyframe usage in effects. Zooming, moving objects using keyframes. Perhaps introduce options like "Easy Ease"?
- A shortcut to audio gain control. I'd like to see the "audio gain control option" on the popup menu when I right click to an audio clip. Because that's one feature I use on almost every audio clip in my timeline.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback :)

Automatic transparency was added in September to development branch, which should be released in December.
Simpler effects application is in to-do list, we are progressing...

Cheers