This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No way to export AAC audio only from KdenLive?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ral-clan
Registered Member
Hi,

I noticed that you can export an mp4 from Kdenlive with the AAC audio codec, but that there is no option to export an AAC audio file listed in the "audio only" rendering options.

The reason I want to do this is because of my other discussion thread - where I noted that to avoid a memory leak in KdenLive 0.9.10 renderer, I need to export video and audio separately then mux them afterward with avconv.

So I am going to render a video only mp4 then render the audio to an AAC file, then mux them. Only problem is kdenlive doesn't seem to offer this codec for audio only renders.

Why would it offer AAC audio for video+audio renders but not for audio only renders?
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,
We just didn't think of adding this AAC profile, but it is easy to add a custom export profile, duplicating from any other audio profile...
Let's add it for next version ;)
ral-clan
Registered Member
vpinon wrote:Hello,
We just didn't think of adding this AAC profile, but it is easy to add a custom export profile, duplicating from any other audio profile...
Let's add it for next version ;)

Hmmm....it doesn't seem to be easy unless you know how to do it already, unfortunately.

I tried to copy an existing audio-only render profile in Kdenlive, then edit the copy. There was no apparent (intuitive) way to specify the aac profile. I tried specifying the file extension as "aac" and the profile name as "aac" but all that happened when trying to render is that render started but never went anywhere, and the resultant file was corrupt.

Is there any documentation on how to do this?
ttguy
OS