This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot render video on kdenlive, it says no matching profile

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Geoffrey Tucker
Registered Member
I have built a video on Kdenlive, it built ok, and it seemed to save ok, however when I try to retrieve the file from open recent, it tells me "your clip does not match current project profile, no existing profile found to match the clip properties".
If I rebuild the video on the timeline and try to render direct from this, I always had success when I was using Mint 15, however I have just upgraded to Mint 17.2 and it does not work, please where am I going wrong?, I get a message,"No matching profile".
qubodup
Registered Member
Do you know whether you were using a custom (self-made) profile?
Do you know which Kdenlive version you had before and which you have now?

I suspect it's one of these causes:
1. If it's a self-made profile: it seems like recent changes changed the location of user data from
Code: Select all
~/.kde4/share/apps/kdenlive/

to
~/.local/share/kdenlive

You could try copying the content of the profile folders from old to new. If you don't have the old profile, you would have to re-create it. You can probably search your kdenlive project XML file for the "profile" tag to find out which filename, path(?) or ID it used to have.

This find command helped me find the folders:
$ find . -type d -wholename "./.?*kdenlive"

2. If it's not a self-made profile, then it could be that profiles were removed between versions. You might be able to solve this by downloading an old version, finding the profile and copying it to your shared hidden kdenlive profiles directory.

3. I'm not sure if your distribution has special packages for non-free (as in non-open source or patent-problematic) codecs but it could be that it split the kdenlive package into free and nonfree codecs. You might be able to find and install these using your package manager.
Geoffrey Tucker
Registered Member
Hi qubodup,

thank you for your quick response.

I am not a computer wizz, and do not fully understand how to do certain things, I assumed, (probably wrongly) that I had to enter the text you sent me into the terminal, I did this only to get " program cannot be found" I have fiddled with Kdenlive config wizard and can now retrieve
recent files back onto the timeline, however, When I hit render, I still get the message "No matching profiles found" and I am still very frustrated by it all.
Where do I go from Here?
Once again thanks a lot for your attempt to help me, it is appreciated.
Geoff.
qubodup
Registered Member
Sounds like most likely this is about default render profiles.

I'm not familiar with the bug but I imagine if pick another (or the same) profile in the Project Settings and possibly pick another render profile in the Render dialog, it might fix itself. Perhaps it would help to save it as a new kdenlive project file afterwards, before trying to render.

Can you please make and post screenshots of your Project/Project Settings and Render Windows please? Just open the Render dialog and then the Project Settings dialog to have them both on the screen.

Instructions: http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/85 - I recommend http://imgur.com/ for uploading.