This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive UI names brainstorming ("Effect list", etc.)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ttguy
OS
qubodup wrote:I would suggest to rename Selection Properties to Properties, as did vpinon.

Maybe this would work. I just wonder what people think when - in the view menu- there is a check box to display "properties". I just think people will be saying "properties? Properties of what?"
Maybe view menu should say "Transition/Effect Properties" and the Widget/tab say "Properties"
farid
Registered Member
OS
Probably there could only be one tab called effects, on the left side of it there could be the list and on the right side the properties of the effect. Would that work? Maybe like in Flowblade:
https://github.com/jliljebl/flowblade/b ... 4-dark.png

qubodup
Registered Member
farid wrote:Probably there could only be one tab called effects, on the left side of it there could be the list and on the right side the properties of the effect. Would that work? Maybe like in Flowblade:
https://github.com/jliljebl/flowblade/b ... 4-dark.png

I quite like flowblade's compact effects layout but I think that it might not be suitable for kdenlive, which allows moving elements around freely and has a huge number of effects (I believe flowblade has a much smaller selection of available effects)
farid
Registered Member
OS
qubodup wrote:I quite like flowblade's compact effects layout but I think that it might not be suitable for kdenlive, which allows moving elements around freely and has a huge number of effects (I believe flowblade has a much smaller selection of available effects)

i dont think it would be an issue for moving the panel nor for the quantity of effects. also flowblade uses quite a good amount of the freior effects.

but i agree that we still need to brainstorm to find the best solution. ;)