This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Missing sidebar in project monitor

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mmoebius
Registered Member

Missing sidebar in project monitor

Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:50 am
Hi,

maybe I'm too stupid but in some tutorials about e.g. the pan and zoom effect there is some kind of sidebar with a zoom slider in the project monitor visible. How can I get this sidebar visible? I would really like to be able to zoom in and out so I can get the handles of the yellow and the red frame.

kdenlive version is 15.08.1 on Kubuntu wily

Greets
Matthias
qubodup
Registered Member
Most likely, the "Effect Stack" tab is not enabled.

Does pressing View/Effect Stack bring it up and show you the effects to the applied clip?

You might have to click into empty space in the timeline and click the clip with the effect to refresh it the first time.

PS: If that's not what you mean (you mention project monitor), perhaps you mean the scaling drag/drop points. To see them you have to be on a keyframe of the effect (by default only the first frame is a keyframe):

ImageImage

If that's not either, perhaps you could point out a tutorial or screenshot.
mmoebius
Registered Member
Hi,

no, sorry, I don't mean the drag points.

What I mean is mentioned in this tutorial

http://en.flossmanuals.net/how-to-use-video-editing-software/using-images-and-titles/

in the sentenct "Move the zoom slider (to the right of the Project Monitor) down until you can see space around the video.". In the pictures above and below this sentence
e.g. Image
it is even visible. It takes the right part of the project monitor where the mouse arrow is visible.

Greets
Matthias
qubodup
Registered Member
The tutorial doesn't mention kdenlive version number, the only hint is that it's from 2013-01-24.

I'm guessing that particular feature has been since removed/moved to the effect stack.
isaiahsellassie
Registered Member
On my Ubuntu 18.04 a double click on an effect applies it to whichever clip is selected, and brings up the effect properties automatically in a sidebar ---- in between the Project Bin and Project Monitor panels.

(No such thing however in the Windows version, which is pretty sucky!)