This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Feature Thank-You Thread

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Feature Thank-You Thread

Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:14 am
I'm really thankful that the developers are fixing bugs and adding useful features while still dealing with the outfall of the KF5 transition. So here's my personal thank-you to our Kdenlive developers.

Thank you for:
  • showing mouse-aware handles for in and out points in the clip monitor and project monitor. Cute UI and useful too.
  • supporting subfolders in the project bin.

Which feature do you like to say thank-you for?
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Re: Feature Thank-You Thread

Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:54 pm
  • starring effects: this is soo incredible useful, as I tend to work with a set of a few effects all the time. Now I can just show these few effects instead of typing their names in or browsing a huge list.
Kubuntiac
Registered Member

Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:11 am
Bugfixing. Seriously. While there will always be more features I'd like, if they do nothing but keep making the current featureset rock solid stable on KF5, then I'll be a seriously happy camper. They were given a really difficult and old codebase with many bugs and difficulties, so I am so incredibly grateful that they didn't just give up - as would have been easy to do - and instead pushed forward with both the transition to KF5, the refactoring *and* squashing the bugs.

That folks, is everyday heroism right there in my book.

Kdenlive already has a beautiful, fast and easy to use interface. Continuing to drive out the bugs is now starting to make it truly useful. If we keep it up, then eventually it's going to be reliable, and then indispensable to those of us editing video on desktop Linux.

Thank you!
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:38 pm
Kubuntiac: very well put! Same point of view on my side too.
farid
Registered Member
OS

Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:36 pm
Kubuntiac wrote:Bugfixing. Seriously. While there will always be more features I'd like, if they do nothing but keep making the current featureset rock solid stable on KF5, then I'll be a seriously happy camper. They were given a really difficult and old codebase with many bugs and difficulties, so I am so incredibly grateful that they didn't just give up - as would have been easy to do - and instead pushed forward with both the transition to KF5, the refactoring *and* squashing the bugs.

That folks, is everyday heroism right there in my book.

Kdenlive already has a beautiful, fast and easy to use interface. Continuing to drive out the bugs is now starting to make it truly useful. If we keep it up, then eventually it's going to be reliable, and then indispensable to those of us editing video on desktop Linux.

Thank you!

i can confirm this! ever since the switch to kf5 the development has been so active that most of the bugs i reported have been fixed. some were tormenting me from the 0.9.x days. so yeah, that is making me happy and thankful. 15.12 looks great.

qubodup
Registered Member

Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:36 am
Kubuntiac wrote:Bugfixing. Seriously.

YEPP!

Thank you very much, Jean-Baptiste Mardelle, Vincent Pinon and all other contributors!

EDIT: I never said thank you for implementing auto-autosave! Thank you ttguy! Your work saves my nerves on a nearly daily basis! :)
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:57 am
Proxies enabled me to create an AVCHD sourced project last year. Thank you!
New render profiles with presets enabled me to render the project as a small file with nice quality. Thank you!
And Thank you! for never giving up bugfixing.