This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

"No text" instead of "Edit" "File" and "Help" in toolbar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Jullan
Registered Member
When I start using my Kdenlive (Version: 0.9.8-1ubuntu2~ubuntu14.04~ppa1) in Linux Mint 171, it says "No text" instead of "Edit" "File" and "Help" in the toolbar.

I uninstalled and installed again with the same result. What else can I do? I am new to Linux...

Greatful for help!
Julia
capslock
Registered Member
OS
Check this thread - I found it by using the forum search.
viewtopic.php?f=265&t=126922
Jullan
Registered Member
Yes, thank you. I saw that thread, but my knowledge of Linux / computers in general, is too limited to make out what to do with the information. :-\

Which part of it do you think would be helpful for me to try? Maybe I should just read the thread together with someone with more skills...

Julia
capslock
Registered Member
OS
First make sure to upgrade to the latest version available. 0.9.8. is about six years old. An upgrade alone will solve your problem with a 95% chance. You will find many posts related to repositories and installing kdenlive under ubuntu (which seems to be more difficult than on other distros). As I do run Archlinux, I am not able to help you with that any further.
qubodup
Registered Member
The thread viewtopic.php?f=269&t=124095 has rather detailed instructions. To open a terminal, hit CTRL+ALT+T and then run the commands you find in that thread. Please let us know if it helps and ideally which step fixed your issue. If it doesn't solve it, let us know what you tried and what text you see (using
Code: Select all
[code][/code]
) when running `kdenlive` in the terminal.
JohnnyZ
Registered Member
I got the same issue after updating to Linux Mint 17.3 "Rosa".
I resolved it by running "Sudo apt-get install kde-runtime & sudo apt-get install kde-workspace-data" after installing Kdenlive. :
Hope this helps! :)