This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Trying to downgrade to solve problems

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
joaorlazaro
Registered Member

Trying to downgrade to solve problems

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:19 pm
Hey Everyone.

I'm using kdenlive 15.18.1 in my ubuntu 15.10. I am experiencing a lot of problems in a specific project and wanted to downgrade kdenlive to 15.04.3 and MLT 0.9.6 which is the current version that says in the website. I've installed (and reinstalled) kdenlive from the ubuntu software center and always came with the version 15.18.1 (i've seen it in help/about).
I tried to archive the project to work in my job computer but it says the project has one file missing, that is a file called "black", in my home folder.
Anyway, the problems that im experiencing when working on this version are: Some video tracks are permanently locked, i cannot move videos in them. The default color for a track that has no videos in it is white. The effects and transitions simply doesnt work.

Hope someone can help me
rcollins
Registered Member
I'm suffering the same: one file missing, that is a file called "black" after I've changed versions. Upgraded to 15.08.1 in ubuntu 15.10. Old files are converted to new format but when going to archive them I'm told there's a file missing in my home/black I've tried to delete the reference but it doesn't seem to exist. This same file error appears in multiple projects if I try and archive.

Any suggestions would help.

Rick
joaorlazaro
Registered Member
Buddy,

I've tried to downgrade with synaptic package manager like it is explained in this link: http://www.howtogeek.com/117929/how-to- ... on-ubuntu/
Then i've encountered a newer version: 15.11.90, installed it and i'm testing.