This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Copy + Paste between projects in 15.12!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sammuirhead
Registered Member
OS
I just wanted to say how excited I am to see this in the changelog for 15.12:

A basic implementation of a copy / paste feature has been added, which allows you to save a part of your timeline and import it later inside another project with all effects and transitions being editable

I have just completed a complex 60min documentary about POC21, a 5-week innovation camp focused on open source hardware for sustainability (more info & link here and some shorter videos if you don't have a spare hour right now.) Over the last few weeks I've been writing a few notes about the difficulties I've been having along the way, trying to deal with so much material (100+ hours of footage!) and also using the same material for different purposes and formats - I edited a number of shorter videos, such as those in the link above, with this same material.

I have been using Kdenlive 9.10, as the project started in August and I'm not keen on doing major version upgrades mid-project. At times it was agony working with Kdenlive on a project like this. I will still share my notes in the next couple of days, but this one feature, copy+paste between projects, basically solves or provides an adequate workaround to 50% of the problems I was having.

First posts outlining issues, workarounds and potential solutions:
Export for Sound Mix
Independent length adjustment of synched audio
Fixing inaccurate camera sync

The film is on Vimeo to watch or download, or you can attend screenings this week in Brussels, Lyon, Berlin (Sat, Thu) or Wellington.

So a huge thank you to the developers for implementing this feature, I can't wait to try it out, it should make working on larger projects with Kdenlive much, much, much less painful in the future.

http://www.cameralibre.cc
Free Culture videos made with Free/Libre/Open Source Software about Open Hardware, Open Data, Open Everything