This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

i find a bug for 15.12, i set number of track audio:0

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
hello

i change in preference of kdenlive, i set 0 in track audio for default to project. and close kdenlive and open kdenlive is not start (it's crash)
i find file kdenliverc:
Code: Select all
[project]
audiotracks=0

this is not starts kdenlive if i set 0 track audio..

debbuger:
we:~> kdenlive
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen /usr/lib64/mlt-6/libmltsox.so
  (dlopen: impossibile caricare altri oggetti con un TLS statico)
Removing cache at "/home/xxxxxx/.cache/kdenlive-thumbs.kcache"
Errore di segmentazione
we:~>

i change number from 0 to 1
[project]
audiotracks=1

this isworked to starts kdenlive if i set 1 track audio..

instead kdenlive version old 0.9.8 ---update>>> 0.9.10: it is not crashed if i set number of track audio is 0..
kdenlive 15.12 is instable than 0.9.8 ---update>>> 0.9.10:..for moment..

my jobs use kdenlive 0.9.8 ---update>>> 0.9.10: and not kdenlive 15.12... i will wait to STABLE of 15.12..

i do test for 15.12 for my jobs have many issue.. so i'm stop here..

i hope kdenlive will be stable next version..thank you

Last edited by manuelmuzzurru on Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
If you think that setting the default number of audio tracks to zero is necessary and if the configuration dialog allows to do so, then please file a bug report. Link to the KDE bug report database can be found on kdenlive.org.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
Developers won't be able to fix bugs if you don't give them specific information in form of precise bug reports. Just calling Kdenlive 15.12 more instable than 0.9.xx isn't really helpful to make Kdenlive better. I can understand your resent, but then I've seen several distro packagers completely messing up Kdenlive, MLT, and sometimes even Ffmpeg. That's not the developers' faults. So, please, report back errors you see with concise information and test cases. Thank you very much.
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
TheDiveO wrote:Developers won't be able to fix bugs if you don't give them specific information in form of precise bug reports. Just calling Kdenlive 15.12 more instable than 0.9.xx isn't really helpful to make Kdenlive better. I can understand your resent, but then I've seen several distro packagers completely messing up Kdenlive, MLT, and sometimes even Ffmpeg. That's not the developers' faults. So, please, report back errors you see with concise information and test cases. Thank you very much.

hello TheDiveO
i will can write report the bug.
i dont want to say the developers; faults. i used kdenlive over 5 years, kdenlive is best for EASY for USE.
for new version kdenlive 15.12 is very cool and new UI than kdenlive 0.9.8. i like look UI kdenlive 15.12 BUT i try to test my jobs movies, there are many issues than kdenlive 0.9.8 ---update>>> 0.9.10:..
(i did write to other topics)
i this is true for my report TEST to kdenlive 15.12...maybe is problem from ffmpeg or kdenlive or mlt.. for moment..

i like kdenlive 15.12 for my jobs, but i cant to use it..

i hope for next version for fixed it.. ok?

compliment to team developers, sorry i missed to chat on cafe1 22 December.. i wish to chat cafe2 next time..i was busy for gifts under tree Merry Christmas..

you will can new cafe2 chat January?
thank you

Last edited by manuelmuzzurru on Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
sorry i-m wrong.. my kdenlive version is 0.9.10.. :< 8-)
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
FYI, I've just seen that there's now a fix for audio track-less Kdenlive projects in 15.12. https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdenlive.gi ... b9e969c2b6 ... but you'll need to wait for your distro packagers to pick them up, and that may take quite some time unfortunately.
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
OH thank you so much for fix it! ;D kdenlive 15.12 will goes best!

sorry i wish to write to the bug of kdenlive but i cant login, (i dont know why, i will contact administrator..) i wish to say for problem (my topic):
viewtopic.php?f=272&t=130231

i did try many test but nothing..rest to open topic..damn... :(

i-m not understand because shotcut is worked render out like as normal speed..but shotcut uses ffmpeg 2.7.3..
i did tried kdenlive 15.12 with ffmpeg 2.7.2 (is corrupt file)..also i did tried change of melt (replace from shotcut/bin/melt6) nothing..
ok i will write to report in bug report ( i will wait from administrator)

thank you for little issue for track audio for kdenlive 15.12 thank you
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
finally i did add bug report to kde.org for kdenlive.. :D

i hope will be confirmed bug or not.. ;)
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
I've seen your bug report: thank you very much for taking the time to create it!

I know it's always a hassle to come up with a minimal example project that clearly exhibits the issue. But without such an example projects it's often really difficult for others, such as the developers, to reproduce and then track down the bug. I've had bug reports myself that were fixed only after I was able to attach a minimized "buggy" project. Attached examples are really important, as some bugs are heavily depending on what state your project is actually in. This also helps to test on other installations ... that may then hint at buggy helper apps.

Alas, would it be possible and acceptable to you to create a short MXF file of say just few seconds (just five or ten seconds) that also demonstrates the bug? Say, film your fridge or paint drying. A few seconds of footage should be small enough in file size so you can attach the MXF file and also an associated Kdenlive project file to your bug report. This would help bug fixing alot.
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
thank you for reply here again.

yes i can attach here file footage mxf, shot scena : fridge or other things, i will do, sure! for now i have mxf but is not good for attach here because it's person for news breaking..
i will back my job office to 7 January, i will not forget ok?

for now i'm waiting to back my job office to start rec camcorder canon ok?

but did you try shotcut?

happy new year
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
hello

today, i did add file MXf footage original from canon xf105, you can try it's free file forever:
https://mega.nz/#!vpxUWToJ!cL4a3rtGfznH ... oDuJ3QMVOE

i did post in bug report for add file footage original ok?
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=357319

i hope team develops wil can test MXf with kdenlive 15.12 ok?
manuelmuzzurru
Registered Member
OS
this is resolved for title topic " i find a bug for 15.12, i set number of track audio:0"
it is fixed, next update or new version..

beautiful for grow up to STABLE.. :D :D