This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

When will Kdenlive be stable again?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
aquaticgateway
Registered Member
OS

When will Kdenlive be stable again?

Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:11 pm
Last week I made the leap from 0.9.10 to 15.08. While I love the fact that the newer releases are more feature rich, I have to take issue with the fact that nothing works. Proxy profiles that used to work don't, trying to use add the rotoscope effect to a clip crashes the program with a segfault, etc. While I know some of these bugs have been fixed in 15.12, there's another set of bugs with that release that I don't want to work around.
I think that what's being done with Kdenlive is great, but the current releases are no more stable than something in alpha. Does the community have a timeline on a stable release?
--AquaticGateway
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
The stable version is already here, so the "community timeline" is "now". I can tell you from first hand experience. >:D

AquaticGateway, what are the crashes you experience? What are the bugs in 15.12 that are you holding back? And did you report them with necessary details to help the developers to iron them out? You are not giving here any indication of your distribution and your issues, so how do you expect others to help?