This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Videos with logo

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kewarerap
Registered Member

Videos with logo

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:47 pm
Hi

How to insert video using kdenlive your company logo. throughout the video, is there a lesson ideo?
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Re: Videos with logo

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:57 pm
Asked and answered several times in this forum. Search is your friend.

1. Create or get company logo as .svg or .png file. Make sure that the logos properly use transparency, unless it is rectangular and the image file is exactly the logo size.
2. Add logo file to your project.
3. Place logo clip on topmost track. Add a track above if you've already used the topmost track for video. Resize clip in timeline over full project length.
4a. With Kdenlive 15.12 the default layer mode is transparent, so your logo gets overlaid. However, this may not yield expected results for more complex clip compositions. Then go for 4b.
4b. For non-trivial projects, add an affine transition to the logo clip in timeline, resize it to full length. This transition allows you even to blend in your logo only semily transparent. Now, set the track-with setting of the transition to track black, or add a bottom video track and set the transition to combine with it. This trick ensures that the logo is composited last. There are situations where may need the additional bottommost track and add in a black clip: when using title clips with transparency and fading them in and out.

If you wonder how Kdenlive's timeline works, read here for an illustrated explanation: Kdenlive Timeline Illustrated, Part 1

I also explain how to compose a company logo over a complex scene in Kdenlive Timeline Illustrated, Part 3. Scroll down to get to the company logo example.
qubodup
Registered Member

Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:59 pm
I made a video tutorial with what I think is the easiest way to do it in Kdenlive without additional software.
https://youtu.be/F5ribaMvzik

Text/Image instructions:

1. Import image and video

2. Drag image to top video track and video to track below, stretch image if needed

3. Click on bottom right corner of image clip in timeline and stretch the transition
ImageImageImageImage

4. Change the transition to "Composite"
ImageImage

5. Use "Size", "x" and "y" values to change size and position
ImageImageImage

6. Use opacity slider to make the logo/watermark translucent/transparent (this feature doesn't seem to be working in the latest release but should be fixed soon/work in previous versions)

7. Done!

it's better if you use Gimp or Inkscape to resize the watermark / logo in preparation though, but requires more knowledge and more time if you're new to the process.
CorrosiveTruths
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:59 pm
If this were me wanting to do it, I'd make a render profile using an overlay filter, which, if it worked, would be very fast, but maybe a little complicated (you'd need to use filter_complex which I've seen people having difficulty with).