This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Error after reinstalling Ubuntu

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jcararolazaro
Registered Member

Error after reinstalling Ubuntu

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:02 pm
Hey people, :)

I've reinstalled ubuntu on my computer and when i open my old projects on kdenlive i get the error that says:

File: /media/.../filename.kdenlive is not a valid project file.
Do you want to open a backup file?

I've tried to open the backup files in the folders an for them too the error appear.
I'm currently using ubuntu 14.04 LTS and kdenlive 0.9.10

Here's a screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/urLsPFu.png
ttguy
OS

Re: Error after reinstalling Ubuntu

Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:29 pm
Were the project files saved in a version 15.n of kdenlive. The file format changed between these two versions and there is not backwards compatability. Only forward.
jcararolazaro
Registered Member

Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:36 pm
Ok,
I've tried to downgrade my kdenlive, but i'm not sure in what version i've made the projects
Here's a screenshot of the synaptic package manager.
My kdenlive now says that is version 0.9.6 and still doesn't open the projects.
How can I install a previous version from that? The synpatin only offers to downgrade from 0.9.10 to 0.9.6
http://i.imgur.com/T4gLGSt.png
ttguy
OS

Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:34 am
If you open the project files in a text editor it might have some info about the format type in the file.
jcararolazaro
Registered Member

Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:56 am
Right,
These are the first lines:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<mlt LC_NUMERIC="pt_BR.UTF-8" version="0.9.9" producer="main bin" root="/home/joaorlazaro" title="Anonymous Submission">
<profile display_aspect_num="16" description="HD 720p 30 fps" frame_rate_num="30" progressive="1" colorspace="709" display_aspect_den="9" height="720" sample_aspect_den="1" frame_rate_den="1" width="1280" sample_aspect_num="1"/>

I guess the version we are talking about is 0.9.9, right?
ttguy
OS

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:58 pm
jcararolazaro wrote:Right,
These are the first lines:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<mlt LC_NUMERIC="pt_BR.UTF-8" version="0.9.9" producer="main bin" root="/home/joaorlazaro" title="Anonymous Submission">

I guess the version we are talking about is 0.9.9, right?

That actually looks like a melt version number. I am away from my PC at the moment so I can not check. So I don't actually know how to tell the difference in the file formats by looking in them. Maybe some one else can tell you. In 24 hours I might be able to get back to you on this.
ttguy
OS

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:59 am
To recognise a version 0.9.10 .kdenlive file look for a <kdenlivedoc> element. It appears at the end of the file

eg
<kdenlivedoc profile="dv_pal_wide" kdenliveversion="0.9.10" version="0.88" projectfolder="/home/ttguy/Videos">
The document format version number here is 0.88

Newer .kdenlive document formats do not have this <kdenlivedoc> element.

In the newer version of the format there is a property with name kdenlive:docproperties.version and this contains the document version number. In this case is is ver 0.91
eg
<property name="kdenlive:docproperties.version">0.91</property>

.kdenlive documents in version 0.91 of the document format can not be opened by version 0.9.10 of kdenlive.