This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

New Logo Proposal

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Re: New Logo Proposal

Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:28 pm
Just another thought: why not forming a "pause" symbol, more relevant to an editor than "play" for a player?
having the left part of the cursor inside a vertical rectangle of the same background triangle...
Sorry with my tiny netbook & touchpad I'm not at ease to propose some drawings :-\
sammuirhead
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:43 pm
One small concern with the idea to thicken the audio bars so that they could work as video tracks is that it might start to feel quite similar to Corel Videostudio's logo.

I quite like having the audio element in the logo - to me, the waveform makes it feel somewhat 'alive'. I feel that it fits well with a presentation of Kdenlive as a more serious cutting tool rather than just a toy, and I don't think the audio element is so present that it would really confuse anyone.

Personally I really like Farid's design (though if he wants to tweak it, fine by me).
As it is, it already has my vote!

What would the process be for deciding on this / implementing a design?

http://www.cameralibre.cc
Free Culture videos made with Free/Libre/Open Source Software about Open Hardware, Open Data, Open Everything
farid
Registered Member
OS

Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:16 pm
here is our last proposal. thanks to all those who helped out.

http://i.imgur.com/jgFjMkB.png

jessed
Registered Member
OS

Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:34 pm
That's neat. I really like the symmetry. :)

Nice work, Farid!

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
sammuirhead
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:39 am
really nice! kdenlive will look so much more professional and coherent with this logo.
So I guess we just have a final discussion about it in the café on Friday, right? and if everyone agrees, the logo can become official.

For anyone just hearing about the Kdenlive Café for the first time, we will have an IRC meeting on Friday 25th of March at 11am CET, in the #kdenlive channel on freenode.

http://www.cameralibre.cc
Free Culture videos made with Free/Libre/Open Source Software about Open Hardware, Open Data, Open Everything
farid
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:39 pm
see you then.

cheers :)

kde-lunarparks
Registered Member

Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:46 am
That's an amazing logo! very good job guys. I'm glad to see that Kdenlive is stronger than ever before, keep it up!
farid
Registered Member
OS

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:30 pm
kde-lunarparks wrote:That's an amazing logo! very good job guys. I'm glad to see that Kdenlive is stronger than ever before, keep it up!

thanks, 2016 is the year of kdenlive! ;D

farid
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:35 pm
we are going to do a version for icons... will send it this week.

farid
Registered Member
OS
jessed
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:32 pm
Way cool. Looks Great Farid! :D

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain