This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Effects/Transitions no longer accessible?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
eezacque
Registered Member
Kdenlive seems to have entered a state where I can no longer access effects and transitions? That is, while I can add effects and transitions to a clip, clicking the effects or transition tab on the clip does not show me the usual panel with parameters and keyframes. Instead, I get the list of effects and transitions. This happens on my existing project, and on any new project, which is pretty much a show stopper for me...
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
It would be nice if you could specify which Kdenlive version you are using. How are we supposed to help without the tiniest morsel of basic information?

Did you ensure that the parameters pane is actually enabled? That is, is it checked in the view menu?
eezacque
Registered Member
TheDiveO wrote:It would be nice if you could specify which Kdenlive version you are using. How are we supposed to help without the tiniest morsel of basic information?

Did you ensure that the parameters pane is actually enabled? That is, is it checked in the view menu?

Looks like kdenlive was restored back to working order by restoring the defaults...

(BTW, I'm using 15.12.0)
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
Good to hear. Also renaming the kdenlive rc file which is in .local inside your home directory may sometimes help getting Kdenlive back to a known state. Albeit I never have seen rc file breakage myself so far, but some day...