This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Fantastic software which drives me crazy!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
monotomy
Registered Member
Hi Kdenlive devs,

you have created a or the fantastic tool to cut my youtube videos! You combined simplicity and a good quality in one tool, but do you use it by yourself? I've tested it on more than five distributions (changed it in hope your tool works there better) from a very stable centos, over suse and ubunutu, but it crashs twice a minute after 10 actions, each version on top of each KDE version I try.
Do you have a debugger? Turn it on and editing a big project with a lot of cuts and effects - it will crash so often you should find most of the bugs. Or does it not crash when you use it? You add a lot of cool effects and other stuff in each release, but what is with the stability? I mean a stable tool is much much much more important than the hottest new stuff!

Excuse me, you could sell this software if it were stable!!! Again: It's a very very cool piece of software!

Can I report only on the KDE tracker (don't like) or can I contact some of you via mail? I'm a C++ developer too, maybe I can help a bit debugging.
Please PM me if I can help.

Cheers
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Hello,

What version of Kdenlive, on which version of each distro ?
eg in Ubuntu LTS (& derivatives like Mint) you get the old Kdenlive 0.9.8, with old MLT & FFmpeg.
in Ubuntu 15.10, you get the 15.8.1 which had many bugs fixed in 15.8.3 and 15.12.2.

A good bet is latest Ubuntu (15.10) with ppa:sunab/kdenlive-svn or ppa:vpinon/kdenlive-testing
or OpenSUSE with an up-to-date additionnal Kdenlive repo,
or Arch with AUR.

And maybe you are insisting on a particular effect (rotoscoping : we have to port it to QML) or clip type (title : fix coming in MLT) that should be avoided ?

Good luck,

Vincent