This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Clip Jobs: Automatic Scene Split error

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Inapickle
Registered Member
I'm running KDenlive 15.12.1 on Kubuntu 15.10 (AMD 64).

Can't seem to get the Clip Jobs: Automatic Scene Split feature to work. Tried some native AVCHD.mts and HD-AVC.mp4 and mov clips, and transcodes (Matroska.mkv) thereof. I either get the error message "No valid clip to process" or the job looks like it is starting but KDenLive promptly crashes.

What constitutes a "valid clip" ? Am I missing something or is the feature possibly broken ?

Same thing with Analyze Key Frames also. The other Clip Jobs - Stabilize (vidstab) and Reverse Clip work OK though.

Edit: Testing the same with KDenLive 0.9.10 in Mint KDE 17.3 - on selecting Automatic Scene Split a job appears to be created, but nothing happens at all. ...the job just stays as pending.
Inapickle
Registered Member
Testing now with KDenLive 16.07.70 (from the master branch ppa) on Kubuntu 15.10 (AMD 64);

I'm not seeing the "No valid clip to process" error message any more, but after applying the "Automatic Scene Split" clip job (with any of the options), KDenLive still crashes part way into the processing.

KCrash Handler reports a Segmentation fault. Would appear to be the same bug as reported here:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=358460

I've added my comment to that report - with attached KCrash Handler and gdb reports.

Hope this bug gets fixed. Automatic Scene Split would be a very useful feature to have working.