This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Video Editor Recommendation

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
farid
Registered Member
OS

Re: Video Editor Recommendation

Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:10 pm
kalimerox wrote:thank you @TheDiveO

I m running arch/manjaro right now but it s not too stable, so for the next project i guess I ll install a kubuntu partition....

i use arch and it runs fine...

ebhoward
Registered Member

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:21 pm
Thank you Dvie-O for this helpful information. Now - what about the further questions? What do you think of me installing a newer (and perhaps less reliable) version of Ubuntu in order to work with Kdenlive 15.12.1? Perhaps I ought to think about installing Kubuntu 15.04 complete with KDE Plasma 5. But will this compromise the rest of my computing activities (Libre Office, Firefox, Banshee, Gimp, VLC, Kazam)? Or perhaps I should just load Ubuntu 15.04 and add KDE/Plasma on the top? Comments and/or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Evan
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:54 pm
Kubuntu vs Ubuntu is just a matter of presets, but they share the same software repositories.
You can stay in Ubuntu (Libre Office, Firefox, Banshee, Gimp, VLC, Kazam are actually very common and available everywhere).
Then regarding the version : I would advise you to directly install 16.04 : beta2 is already well tested, you are a couple of updates near to the future 2 years LTS release. 15.04 is obsolete, 15.12 in end of life, and had not the exigence level of a LTS version?
ebhoward
Registered Member

Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:14 am
Thank you all for your help. I ended up buying an external hard drive and installing the latest Kubuntu on it. I boot from the hard drive and run Kdenlive from there. that way, for now, my LTS is stable. So far, so good.