This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Why does KDENLIVE "lose" my image sequences.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hmethorst
Registered Member
I use alot of png image sequences from blender, and I find that closing my project and re-opening often causes KDENLIVE to "forget" where they were.

For example, it is literally looking for the file "%04d.png?begin:1"

DISTRIB_ID=[K]Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=15.10
DISTRIB_CODENAME=wily
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 15.10"

KDENLIVE Version 16.07.70

Last edited by hmethorst on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
Can you please file a bug report? As the developers want to iron out as many regressions as possible before releasing 16.04, this will help them. If possible, can you attach also a minimal example project causing this regression? BTW ~ 16.07.70 seems to be a buggy KDE release cycle script; we're aproaching 16.04, so this is really around 16.03.90 or so.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
16.07.70 is the real tag that differentiates "master" development branch from the "Applications/16.04" branch, as it will be used for future 16.08.
So yes please file the bug...
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
Strange ... a 16.7.70 tag for the master? :o
farid
Registered Member
OS
TheDiveO wrote:Strange ... a 16.7.70 tag for the master? :o

mine also says that

Versão 16.07.70

hmethorst
Registered Member
[edit] I have found the internal function in KDEnlive. Will do.

Sorry, I've never done a bug report. And since this doesn't result in a crash, I'm not sure how to go about this.

Please advise and you will have a long term beta tester in your team.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
TheDiveO wrote:Strange ... a 16.7.70 tag for the master? :o

When he created the Applications/16.04 branch, Albert (KDE release manager) has adjusted the defines + tag to 16.03.70 as the 1st commit in this branch, but also 16.07.70 in master branch. This allows to differentiate & correctly sort both branches in scripts that name the extracted source after the latest git tag (using this for the auto package builds for example; last time JB had changed master define to 15.13 -which I found weird in the year.month pattern, I had named my packages 16.01 as it was in January...)