This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED]Arabic text in Text clip disappears

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
beluga
Registered Member
If I put Arabic text in a Title clip, the text disappears. This happens also with mixed Arabic + Latin script, all of it disappears. Only Latin text sticks. You can test with this word for example: اخراج

This report includes the same problem, just crammed into the description of a different problem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... ug/1206999 "when I write a title clip in Arabic and render a video .. I find no thing."

I tried various fonts, like Noto Nashk Arabic, Droid Arabic Nashk, but everything had the same problem.

Kdenlive Version 16.04.0
KDE Frameworks 5.21.0
Qt 5.6.0
xcb
Arch Linux

Last edited by beluga on Wed May 11, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
kde-camillem
Registered Member
Hi,
I made a quick test : with my configuration, the text seems to disappear at first, but it's actually still there, just turned to black.
Changing the color afterwards fixed it for me.
HTH
beluga
Registered Member
kde-camillem wrote:Hi,
I made a quick test : with my configuration, the text seems to disappear at first, but it's actually still there, just turned to black.
Changing the color afterwards fixed it for me.
HTH

Thanks, now I got it to work. It seems I gave up too soon :)
(I edited a text clip in a previously saved project, changed to Arabic, changed color to white and it worked immediately).