This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Missing menu items and crashing when I import any clips

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ddeighton
Registered Member
Hi there

My apologies if this has already been answered, but I can't find any references to this problem.

I have just installed Linux Mint 17.3, the latest version and installed kdenlive from the repository. When I open it up, the first two menu items are missing (file and edit?) and when I click on import clips, the programme just shuts itself down.

I have used kdenlive successfully on an earlier version of mint (16, I think), with no problems.

Does anyone know a solution to this?

Regards
David
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
The forum search for "linux mint" brings up this: viewtopic.php?f=269&t=132789&hilit=kdenlive+mint ... which isn't exactly encouraging though.
ddeighton
Registered Member
Thank you for that! No, it's not encouraging! hopefully when 18 is released, it will sort out the problems... that's what's supposed to happen I gather...
In the mean time, I've installed ubuntu 16.04. It seems to be running everything perfectly including kdenlive! My only reservation is that everything seems to be backwards... the x and expand/collapse icons up on the left... Still, it's aesthetically very pleasing and running like a dream... I might just keep it...

Thanks again for guiding me, I'm a computer user not really anything else, and am sick of windows for any number of reasons (not to mention 8 and 10).

David
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
In case you should encounter problems when on ubuntu, there are more recent Kdenlive repositories, please see this post here: https://kdenlive.org/node/9460