This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to avoid video clip resizing?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
easyjohn
Registered Member
OS

How to avoid video clip resizing?

Sun May 22, 2016 9:34 am
I'm working on different video comparision.
So I have 3-5-10 video stripes with resolution like 1920x200, and I want to add all them to one video one under another, to see all stripes.
But, when I drag this stripe from clips to video, kndelive automatically resize stripe to full 1920*1080.
How to disable resizing video clips?
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to avoid video clip resizing?

Sun May 22, 2016 10:17 am
I don't think that you are seeing resizing here, at least not when your source clip frame widths are the same as your project frame width.

Alas, you need to do some composting. There are two methods, but the zoom-pan effect may not give you the pan range you need. So I will tell you the traditional way.

You'll need as many video tracks as you have stripes. It's best to add an additional video track below all others. Put a black color clip here onto the lowest track. This can be optimized out but you need to know much more to do this.

Now put the first stripe clip onto the track above the black clip track. Add a composite transition to it. Set it to compose with the track with the black clip. This is very important when you later repeat these steps for the other stripes. Make sure the composite has zoom set to 100%. Adjust the Y parameter to position your stripe. Done.

Repeat these steps for each stripe. You should now see the composting result to hopefully be what you want to achieve.
easyjohn
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to avoid video clip resizing?

Sun May 22, 2016 10:31 am
TheDiveO wrote:I don't think that you are seeing resizing here, at least not when your source clip frame widths are the same as your project frame width.

My project has size of full frame - 1920*1080.
My video clip stripe has size 1920*200. When I move clip to "video 1", it became a full size, 1920*1080.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
From your answer I can see that you didn't bother to read my thorough explanation and didn't give a try.

I actually did a small mistake: use an affine transition instead of a composite one; but you should have noticed anyway that the explanation basically works. I actually did and my suggestion works. There is no full resize and I explained that to you: you'll need to do explicit compositing in Kdenlive using transitions. (Why did I now? Well, I just did the preview rendering video two days ago where I had raw footage of 1920x1046 instead of x1080. So I actually knew already that there is no such full resize that you are claiming repeatedly.)

Don't expect me to help you in the future again. You're way too smart for me.
easyjohn
Registered Member
OS
TheDiveO wrote:From your answer I can see that you didn't bother to read my thorough explanation and didn't give a try.

Don't worry, I try your recommendation for both, composite and affine transition.
Doesn't work for me, I can see only one clip on preview.
TheDiveO wrote:Don't expect me to help you in the future again. You're way too smart for me.

You act like a little girl. If you can't speak calmly, yes, it's better not try to help to others.
easyjohn
Registered Member
OS
easyjohn wrote:My video clip stripe has size 1920*200. When I move clip to "video 1", it became a full size, 1920*1080.

Ok. I find a problem, not all clip is same width, some of them are smaller, than 1920.
capslock
Registered Member
OS
easyjohn wrote:
TheDiveO wrote:From your answer I can see that you didn't bother to read my thorough explanation and didn't give a try.

Don't worry, I try your recommendation for both, composite and affine transition.
Doesn't work for me, I can see only one clip on preview.
TheDiveO wrote:Don't expect me to help you in the future again. You're way too smart for me.

You act like a little girl. If you can't speak calmly, yes, it's better not try to help to others.

Viewed from outside this is not a personal issue, but a communication problem. So, how does it sound for you, if you both rewind and start again in the next thread?
easyjohn
Registered Member
OS
I found, that we can avoid resizing, if all clips has same width or height, as a project size.
After adding blank space to all clips (by ffmpeg), I can add all clips to project without resize and show all stripes in project preview, by adding a "addition" transition.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
if you both rewind and start again in the next thread?

I don't see any meaning in starting again, but then this may be a communication issue on your side. I'm quitting, please help yourselves. SIGHUP.
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS
Feature: prevent auto scaling of clips: http://kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=3299 (15. Mai 2014)

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.