This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Fresh install and a few issues

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
linuxloon
Registered Member

Fresh install and a few issues

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:46 am
Not sure where to post this so I'll start here and open bug reports or post in other sections as appropriate.

I have played around with kdenlive and other video editors for a while and decided to get a little more serious about it. First step will be to learn how to use a NLE. I can do simple stuff but I really need to learn how to edit. From what I have tried so far I like kdenlive the best. I now tri-boot between mint 17, kubuntu 16.04 and Win10. I upgrade from mint 17 to kubuntu 16.04 just so I could use a newer version of kdenlive.

The issues in order of importance - kdenlive 16.07.7 ( have tried all 3 ubuntu ppa's and sunlab ppa - same issues )

Audio from capture card is not being recognized. PCM S24 LE (araw) - according to VLC
Center frame advance/rewind wheel on shuttlePRO v2 is not working correctly.
no GPU affects (is enable on the prebuilt binary but playing video with binary crash's kdenlive) movit is installed.
blackmagic intensity 4k is seen as a capture device in setup but not able to select it as a capture device.

System
Kubuntu 16.04 (w/ cinnamon)
Nvidia w/Nvidia drivers
shuttle pro v2 jog wheel
blackmagic intensity 4k pro capture card

with older kdenlive under mint 17, jog wheel works and audio is seen on raw capture files on same hardware.

I'm no developer but I would like to help out where I can.
linuxloon
Registered Member

Re: Fresh install and a few issues

Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:01 pm
If anyone knows what I can do to get kdenlive to work with PCM raw audio that would help a lot.

Right now I can't edit the files from my blackmagic capture card. I'm guessing that I'm missing an audio library but I can't figure out what is missing.