This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How can I incorporate subtitles (*.****) with Kdenlive?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
marianac
Registered Member
How can I incorporate subtitles (made with aegisub-*.a s s ) with Kdenlive?

I suppose that must be something very simple, but I can't find how to do it... help me please!
kalimerox
Registered Member
means you want to hard code the subtitles? I m not too sure but i think the only way to do that is including them via titles editors or overlays, afaik there s no way to directly import them from aegisub or other subtitle programs...
farid
Registered Member
OS
When I need to subtitle my vids I use amara.org

But what you could also use the Titler for this job but it would have to be manually.

X-Raym
Registered Member
I can confirm that having the possibility to have .srt import to be able to print subtitles on a video as titles would be very nice.

A lot of cases could use this feature, like imagine you prepare a vocabulary list on a spreadsheet and you want to convert that into titles (and not subtitles) for a video. You could create subtitles and then import the .srt in kdenlive, and add styling to all subtitles.

I have this workflow with VideoPad, it is far easier than creating X number of titles manually, in a dedicated window (subtitles are not in the timeline as clip elements but it can adjust timing/text and appearance for all subtitles, or individually).

Thanks for listening !