This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is there a way to insert a zone in timeline without audio?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
fejzob
Registered Member
First i select the zone in the clip monitor then i pres ctrl-shift-i (insert a zone in timeline)
Video always comes with audio grouped together i dont want any audio... is there a way to insert a zone with only video and no audio on default?
This would help alot since it would speed up my editing i wouldnt need to ungroup and delete the audio everytime.
capslock
Registered Member
OS
There is no feature like this today. Maybe you can work around your problem with adding these silent tracks to one or two video tracks (for transitions) with muted audio, after you disable splitting video and audio.
ChameleonScales
Registered Member
OS
I would also like to have an option for video-only insertion. If the video I'm editing has a main audio track and many video shots, I often have to :
1. make sure both audio and video tracks with the same ID have enough available space in the timeline for the clip insertion, sometimes requiring me to add a track here and there just for that purpose
2. ungroup the inserted clip
3. delete the audio