This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to proxy

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
massimobarbieri
Registered Member

How to proxy

Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:20 am
Hi,

I'm quite confused about the use of the proxy clips in Kdenlive. It is possible to enable proxy in many different places. There is a "Proxy clips" option in the project settings. There is a "Proxy clip" option for each clip. There is a "Proxy clip" option in the project menu. And there is a "Render using proxy clips" in the render windows.

I enabled "Proxy clip" in the project settings, in the project menu and for each clip, but when I render the video, even if I do not use the option "Render using proxy clips" the rendering is made with proxy clips. In order to have a render without proxy clips I have to remove the option "Proxy clip" from each clips. Is there a way to edit the project with proxy clips and render with the original clips without removing proxy clips?

Ciao,
Max
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: How to proxy

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:11 am
Which version are you using? I am asking, because 16.08 arrived some days ago.
massimobarbieri
Registered Member

Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:33 am
Hi. My version is 16.08.0
Ciao,
Max
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:52 pm
Try to set proxy clips in the project settings only. That's how it worked for me some time ago. Did not try it in 16.08.
massimobarbieri
Registered Member

Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:05 pm
I tried to select proxy clips only in the project settings, but the quality of the rendered file is poor. It seems that the only way to render a full quality file is to remove proxy clips property from each clip.
Ciao,
Max
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:09 pm
Huh.... Cannot reproduce with Archlinux. Rendering looks fine without clicking anything but create proxies in the project settings. Sorry, I can't help you further without being able to reproduce.