This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

RAM Usage

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Grahf
Registered Member

RAM Usage

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:18 am
I have a system with 8GB of 2133 RAM. About 500MB of that is dedicated to the integrated graphics on a i3-6100. Right now Kden Live is using 751,816K of RAM. That's almost all of it. Is that normal?

The system is totally responsive. I have a youtube video playing in the background and opera web browser open too. No problems.

I know video editing uses lots of system resources. But on my macbook iMovie would never use more than 55% of my total system memory. I also know that kden live isnt iMovie.

I guess I'm just wondering if kden live does this on everyones system or just mine?
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: RAM Usage

Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:03 am
I guess most of the usage is buffer space which is freed on demand if needed for other purposes. You can verify it this way: Check memory usage when kdenlive has started up. Then load your project and check again. Then do editing work and check again. I assum usage will grow from step to step and it will have a big jump after editing.